Monday, February 4, 2013

Featured Author Interview: Kathleen Y'Barbo


Picture
Kathleen Y'Barbo
Kathleen Y’Barbo is the best-selling, award-winning author of more than forty novels, novellas, and young adult books. 

In all, more than one million copies of her books are currently in print in the US and abroad, and her books have been translated into Dutch, German, and Spanish, to name a few.  A former literary publicist, she was recently nominated for a Career Achievement Award by Romantic Times magazine.

A tenth-generation Texan, Kathleen Y’Barbo has four children of her own as well as seven bonus kids she gladly inherited when she married her own hero in combat boots.


The following is a February 2013 interview with Kathleen. 



Picture


1. Tell us a little about yourself. 

I'm a wife, mother, and writer. Oh, and I love Jesus!


2. How did you become a novelist, and did you always want to write?

I began as a reader who eventually decided to try her hand at writing. When I was young I never dreamed I would be doing what I do now. I had never met a writer, although I had fallen in love with books at a very early age.


3. What do you think is significant about Christian fiction? 

I think Christian fiction gives readers hope.

Picture

4. How do you hope your readers react to the stories you write? 

I hope that readers fall in love with the characters as I do when I am writing them. I also hope that he or she can see that even the flawed can be used by God. That seems to be an a theme in my writing--and in my life!


5. What responses to your novels have affected you the most and why? 

A friend told me about a man who gave his life to Christ after reading one of my  books in the hospital. There's nothing better than that.

Picture

6. How has being a novelist impacted your relationship with Christ? 

Being a novelist has caused me to cling tight to Jesus not only for the ability to do what I do but also for the guidance to create stories and characters reflecting His purposes.


7. Other than writing great novels, what other goals do you have for your life?

To be a great wife, mom, friend, and neighbor. I would also like to make the Lord proud.


8. What do you like to do in your spare time? 

My husband and I love to take long drives and exercise our shared love of photography. If the weather is nice, we put the top down on the convertible and just go.

Picture
Flora's Wish (The Secret Lives of Will Tucker #1)

9. What can you tell us about your latest novels? 

Flora's Wish, the first book in the Secret Lives of Will Tucker series, has just released. Here's what Publishers Weekly says:

Fans of post-Civil War stories set in the South will find much to enjoy in Y'Barbo's first in the Secret Lives of Will Tucker series. "Fatal Flora," called such because of the deaths of four of her fiances, is eager to marry Will Tucker when she meets up with him in Eureka Springs, Ark. Instead she discovers Lucas McMinn, a Pinkerton agent also searching for Tucker. Their initial meeting results in Flora Brimm of the Natchez Brimms in handcuffs and trying to explain to her proper and formidable grandmother what's going on. Flora and Lucas seem destined to work together on the case, with Lucas vowing Tucker is guilty and Flora saying he isn't. As they get to know each other, Lucas discovers Flora is more than a spoiled Southern belle and she discovers Lucas is more than a stubborn Pinkerton. But will Flora marry Tucker to save her inheritance? Historical romance fans will adore this charming story.

[Purchase: Amazon.com | Amazon Kindle]

Picture
The Rocky Mountain Heiress Collection

10. What stories can your fans expect from you in the days ahead?

In the coming months I will be releasing the third in my contemporary Texas beach series from Love Inspired. This one centers around a widowed carpenter and the skateboarding accountant who has captured his ire and his heart. Also, the second book in the Will Tucker series, Millie's Treasure, will release in August. With settings in Memphis and New Orleans, the book is a Southern romance with a touch of steampunk and a dash of pirate treasure thrown in.


11.     What would you like to say to your fans in New Zealand, and others worldwide?

Thank you, Kiwis, for your love and support! I'm thrilled that my stories cross the miles and land in your hands. It's absolutely humbling to know this, and I cannot thank you enough.


12.     Do you have any parting words?

Again, thank you! 


Buy Kathleen's Books at The Book Depository




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts